Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day 12 - Thursday, April 18

I got to do some more (very informal) teaching today. I worked with more small groups and took some time to fill in more of my US. verses Australia Schools Posters. We have come up with quite a few differences so far and it is only the first week! I also gave them a the chance to ask me some questions about myself, America, schools, or whatever else they wanted. Some how we managed to get on the topic of our toilets and how in American, some people say that toilets in Australia flush the other direction. My students asked me if this was true or not and I told them I didnt know because all the toilets I have used here don't actually spin. I told them their homework tonight was to go home and flush their toilets and tell me which direction it spins.
\After school all of the exchange students and many of the Australian students went to a larger shopping center. I had so much fun ... and of course I bought some stuff. I managed to find a winter coat and some nice boots. Unfortunately  it looks like I might still get to use them before summer this year. I dont think its ever going to stop snowing!! Good thing I am getting plenty of time at the beach anyway :) We also went to Grilld again for dinner. I am loving that place by the way. I wanted to try something else but i couldnt decide if I wanted a burger or a salad, when I happened to stumble upon this burger called Mini Moo. Underneath it, there were additional things you could add to your meal. One was cheese on the burger and the other said salad. When I got up to the register to order, I asked the guy what kind of salad it was. He told me it was lettuce, tomatoes  and onions. I asked what kind of dressing it had on it, and he replied we don't have and dressing. I was then confused seeing as they had a salad section on the menu but yet they didnt have any salad dressing. So I said you have Cesaer salad don't you? He then looked confused. Well finally I understood what he was telling me .. the salad is what they call lettuce, not an actual side salad like what we think of in the states. I told him I was American and had no idea what I was doing. Blonde moments 1 - Kirsten 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment